Pages

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Just An Update

Well, it's been awhile again. I was going to blog the very next week after my last one, but the hurt was too bad. I couldn't believe that all the loss wasn't over for the month of July. July 10 we had to put down Sammy, our 9 year old yellow lab. She was my baby, my friend when no one else was, the one who was always excited to see me no matter what mood I was in. We are pretty sure she had some sort of a stroke and dad decided it would be best for her not to live in a hazy cloud that the drugs we were trying to give her made her be in for the rest of her life. I still miss her. She is always in my heart and I think of her all the time. Allen doesn't seem to understand, but I think that's because he grew up on a farm, where if something got sick, you just shot it. He never had an indoor pet who was always by your side. Before we had to put Sam down, I was begging for a dog. I even told him I didn't care what it was, we could even rescue one from the Humane Society, just as long as I could get a dog. But after going through that with Sam, I have changed my mind. I don't want to love something like that and have to let it go again. July was a month of too much sadness and death. I don't want to go to another funeral or have to say good bye to someone I love for a long time.

On to August...a seriously hot month.

We didn't really go to either of our parent's houses too much. Maybe just to Menno once. One weekend, I went with Allen's brother Daniel to a Lifehouse and Spill Canvas concert. I was getting seriously pouty because Lifehouse wasn't playing the song that I came to the concert to hear, and finally...during the encore they played it! The very last song! Great ending to a very fun night! Then, last week we went to the Parker fair. I watched a man, while trying to convince his son that the camel there wasn't scary, get bit by the baby camel in an inconvenient body part...hilarious!

This weekend, we had our camping trip to Yankton with our group of friends. It was so fun! Kyle & Amanda, Ryan & Cassie, Ben, Julie & Leah all came and tented! We had a blast! It was crazy humid Saturday, so Julie, Leah and I escaped to some air conditioning for awhile while everyone else went tubing-which was fine with me because the sun doesn't do kind things to me and I don't tube after a terrible, scary, horrifying tubing experience (it probably wasn't that bad, but it made me think twice before I get on one!) Sunday morning I had to head back early because I had to work at a bridal show. It was good, met lots of brides! Afterwards we went out to Nutty's South for a few drinks and then headed to the races at Huset's. It was a great night!

Last night, Julie and I went on a girl date. Out for supper at Quizno's and then to the movie Eat Pray Love. It was really good and thought provoking. Different from any movie I remember seeing. I found in interesting that the point of the movie was to find balance and simplify your life, getting rid of what you don't need, but we paid to see it and be entertained...weird.

Tonight, I made apple cake and pie from Rano & Cindy's apples that they sent home with Daniel! Can't wait til they get out of the oven, they smell great!

Have a great night and rest of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment